Eggplant, Roasted Red Pepper and Mozzarella Sandwich
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced baby eggplant
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 16 oz whole grain baguette
- 1 cup fresh watercress leaves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 roasted red peppers thinly sliced
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
Preheat broiler. Spray both sides of eggplant with cooking spray and season with salt and black pepper. Place eggplant slices on a baking sheet and broil 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown/ place slices on half of baguette.
Toss watercress leaves with olive oil and place leaves on top of eggplant slices. Layer with roasted red peppers and mozzarella cheese. Top with second half of baguette.