Here is a great grilled salmon recipe with only 1 carbohydrate. Best if cooked on foil with a non-stick grilling spray.INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1-1/2-pound boneless fresh or frozen salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon, thinly sliced (optional)
- 6 sprigs fresh tarragon (optional)
1. Thaw fish, if frozen.
2. For sauce, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise or salad dressing, green onions, lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon. Cover and chill.
3. Tear heavy foil slightly longer than salmon. Cut several slits in foil. Spray foil with nonstick coating. Place salmon, skin side down, on foil. Stir together softened margarine or butter and 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon. Spread butter mixture over salmon. Measure thickness of salmon.
4. Arrange preheated coals around a drip pan in a covered grill. Test for medium heat above pan. Place foil with salmon on grill over drip pan. Cover and grill for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or just until fish begins to flake easily when tested with a fork. Serve with sauce. If desired, garnish with lemon slices and tarragon sprigs.
- servings 6
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook: 4 min
- Carbs: Carbohydrate 1g