5-HTP is a naturally occurring amino acid which is a precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin and an intermediate in tryptophan metabolism. Many people have no problem using this all natural supplement since the safety of 5-HTP
has been clinically tested and proven to have no side effects.
Supplementing 5-HTP into your daily routine is like using an alternative medicine for many conditions and disorders like:
- Sleep disorders
- Mood disorders
- Weight loss
- Serotonin deficiency
These days so many people go to the doctor and get prescription medications for problems that can be fixed by using natural and safe supplements. There is no need to go to the doctor to get a sleep medication for insomnia that will make you feel slow and groggy in the morning. Many people show signs of depression and mood disorders so the doctor prescribes a medication that will put you in a zombie like state all day and make you tired. It is time for people to start using alternative therapies for insomnia and other disorders like supplementing 5-HTP
Smart drugs like 5-HTP have so many positive benefits and treatments just from using it every day like:Sleep supportAlternative therapies for insomniaDepression treatmentNatural sleep pillNatural anti-depressant
While there are many symptoms of depression that can be helped with 5-HTP, the top nine are:Depressed Mood
– A person may report feeling sad or empty or may cry often. Children and adolescents may exhibit irritability.Decreased interest or pleasure
– A person may show markedly diminished interest or pleasure in almost all daily activities.Weight changes
– Significant changes in weight when not attempting to gain or lose may be a warning sign of depression. In children, this may also present as a failure to make expected weight gains.Sleep disturbances
– Insomnia or sleeping too much may be a symptom of depression.Psychomotor Agitation or Retardation – A person may be observed to be agitated and restless or physically slowed down in their movements.Fatigue
– Extreme fatigue or a loss of energy is a symptom of depression.Feelings of worthlessness or guilt – A depressed person may feel that they have no value or they may feel guilty about things they have absolutely no control over.Brain fog
– A depressed person may have a diminished ability to think, concentrate or make decisions.Thoughts of death
– a depressed person may have recurring thoughts of death, especially thoughts of suicide, with or without a specific plan to carry out these thoughts.
5-HTP will work for you no matter what your age. If you are experiencing insomnia or have signs of depression, give an all natural and safe remedy like 5-HTP a chance to change your life.Jim Riggs
Fitness and Nutrition Expert
Fitness Coach and Personal Trainer
Jim Riggs is an authority in the fitness, nutrition and supplement industries. With more than twenty years of experience training everyone from soccer moms, to NFL Athletes, to Olympic gold medalists he has seen it all. Jim has a unique understanding, style and passion toward everything fitness. As a contributing writer for http://www.i-supplements.com Jim brings this uniqueness to the supplement world through no nonsense product review and hard hitting commentary.