Here is a low carb grilled chicken recipe with a bit of bite.INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Stir cherries, broth, preserves, ketchup, vinegar, chipotle peppers, thyme and allspice in a small deep bowl. Transfer to a shallow non-reactive dish (see Note) large enough to hold chicken. Add the chicken and turn to coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat grill to high. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Remove the chicken from the marinade.
Transfer the marinade to a medium skillet.
Reduce the grill heat to medium and grill the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 7 to 9 minutes per side. Meanwhile, bring the marinade to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce is reduced by about half, 12 to 15 minutes. Let the chicken cool slightly; serve with the sauce.
- Total Cook Time: 39 hr 2 min
- Carbs: Carbohydrate 14g