- 1/3 cup plum sauce or sweet-sour sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seed (toasted, if desired)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Oriental chili sauce or several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 6 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves and/or thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
1. For sauce, in a small saucepan combine all of the ingredients except the chicken. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 3 minutes. Set aside.
2. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Grill chicken on the lightly greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once and brushing with sauce once or twice during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
3. In a small saucepan heat the remaining sauce until bubbly; pass with chicken. Makes 6 servings.
- 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Grill Time: 12 minutes